Pentax have released their latest DSLR – the Pentax K7. The digital SLR camera is aimed toward the middle range DSLR photographers – suiting those who have experience, but are not of a professional standard. The camera is a vast improvement on their previous DSLR, and takes a spectacular photo.
The Pentax K7 has been given a make-over; it’s outer appearance now sleek and smooth, however still maintaining a traditional SLR shape. And, as mentioned, not only has the outside changed. Whilst the mega pixel count has not altered from Pentax’s previous DSLR, it’s other jamor components and functions have changed dramatically, providing a new, creative and exciting DSLR.
The headlining changes include:
- 720p/1080i HD video recording
- Smaller magnesium/steel alloy body
- Revised viewfinder (less magnified but with greater coverage)
- Updated sensor with four-channel readout
- 3.0″ VGA (920,000 dot) LCD
- New shutter mechanism with 1/8000th shutter speed
- Faster continuous shooting (up to 5.2 fps)
- 77 segment exposure metering sensor
- Revised autofocus algorithms
- AF illumination lamp
- New dust removal system
- HDMI output
These are purely the major and immediately noticeable changes, and beneath those lie more minor alterations, providing a big kick in the final result of your photos.
The Pentax K7 provides photographers with a large range of on-screen functions and options, it is simple to use and has well-improved traditional abilities. Come on in to Kirk’s Cameras Ringwood and our staff will demonstrate the Pentax K7 just for you!
Source: Digital Photography School Website